Monday, June 11, 2012

Ode to My Partner

I have a dear, dear friend named Deb and this blog post is honor of her. I could not have asked for anyone more different than me, yet so perfect for me in a work partner. You see, Deb and I aren’t just colleagues. We’re partners. We’re like Sherlock and Watson. Where there’s trouble to be found, we find it. And as much as I would love to claim to be Sherlock Holmes (who wouldn’t?), I would probably have to be plain old boring Watson. She is the crazy one who gets us into trouble and I am the one she calls to get her out of it. :) I am so thankful for her, because she’s made my work days so much more enjoyable. She shares my passion for ESL students, can finish my thoughts and knows who I want to slap and why I want to slap them without me having to say more than their last name.  We have the same vision for our kids (students) and would both do anything for them. She goes above and beyond for our students, never settling just for teaching and grading. She has inspired me to think outside the box. I never would have planned a trip to Washington D.C. for thirty refugees who have no money, if she hadn’t told me we could do it. And she was right. Nothing stops her. She is a force to be reckoned with, which means you better hope you are on her side and not against her. :)  I am thankful to have her on my side. The only reason I can leave my classroom and my babies at EGHS is because I know she is there to take care of them. Well, by now this post is getting to serious and sappy for Deb, so I will move on.

The other things I love about her:


Her committment to dieting. Every week she’s on a diet and every morning she is eating her Hardees or Mickey D’s breakfast bowl.

Fat Free Fridays…..this should be an international holiday.

Her brownies. I typically hate chocolate frosting on brownies, but Deb makes amazing Funfetti chocolate frosted brownies that are to die for!

Her love for her kids (her real kids that is) and how she is ALWAYS talking about them. She’s an inspiring mama!

The quote “Don’t you just want to do that for me?” when someone gives her paperwork to fill out. :)

I’ll do all the paperwork she wants, because when a task requires having to piss someone off to get something done around the place, she does it for me. Good cop. Bad cop. It works with staff and students alike. :)

The fact that she shares with EVERYONE my embarrassing “partner” comment.

The fact that she follows it up with telling everyone WE got engaged in Boston and WE’RE having a baby!!!

Her humor (sometimes :).

The way the kids call her Miss Bole. And I always say… Bolesssssssssssssssss with an S!

Her generosity.

And last, but not least…her friendship.

Because she’s more than a colleague. She’s my partner!



No comments:

Post a Comment